The Skidmo Scoop: Campus Events for the Week of November 13th

Say Vegan Cheese

“Say (Vegan) Cheese!”
Monday, November 13th, 12:30-3:30 p.m.

Are you super interested in vegan cheese? Probably not. Unless you’re a vegan, then you’re probably very interested since you’re a vegan, and you love being vegan and can’t believe everyone’s not vegan.

So, vegans, come by Case on Monday to hang out with other vegans and talk about vegan cheese and try free vegan cheese samples from Follow Your Heart Cheese—a vegan-friendly vegan cheese company.

Also, take some cute pictures!

Show Tune Karaoke Night

Themed Open Mic
Thursday, November 16th, 8:00-11:00 p.m.

This Thursday Lively Lucy’s is hosting a themed open mic at Falstaff’s! It’s going to be genre/decade night, so get all your genre/decade themed attire ready and prepare to perform something from the genre/decade!

Boy, I just love this genre/decade, especially that pop-culture reference!

Skidsync, as of Sunday night, still listed the genre/decade as TBD, so I don’t know what it will be. Sorry, but I did my best.

Cabar-gay

Cabar-Gay!
Friday, November 17th, 7:30-8:30 p.m.

Come by Falstaff’s to see Cabaret Troupe’s performance of “Cabar-Gay!”

Cabar-Gay details the totally easy journey of being gay in the 21st century. Come listen to classic songs like, “I’m Never Belittled Because of My Sexuality,” “Stereotyped (What’s That?),” and “Did We Mention How Much the Evangelicals Love Us?”

You won’t want to miss it!

Skidomedy Uncensored

Skidomedy: Uncensored
Friday, November 17th, 10:00 p.m.

Banana peels, clown noses, flowers that squirt water. All staples of great comedy.

Unfortunately, word has it that Skidomedy, a sketch “comedy” group on campus, won’t be using any of these beloved tropes in their show. How are those in attendance supposed to know when to laugh if someone doesn’t slip on a banana peel?! Unless they’re planning on using a laugh-track, but I doubt they are; that seems way too smart for them.

If for some reason you like comedy that isn’t based completely on tropes and contagious laughter, then we say check out Skidomedy’s show in Gannett. But if you’re like everybody else, then stay away.

Cultural Night Market

Cultural Night Market
Saturday, November 18th, 6:00-8:30 p.m.

Hosted by the Asian Cultural Awareness Club, the Cultural Night Market aims to bring all the fun of the traditional street markets in places like Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Singapore, and Malaysia to the Spa—which I’ve always considered our own little slice of Asia on campus.

The aim of the event is to raise both cultural awareness and some do$h to donate to an NGO of the Asian Cultural Awareness Club’s leadership’s choice. Come by on Saturday for delicious food, amazing gifts and handmade crafts, activities like calligraphy, hair braiding, and cupcake decorating, along with some stellar performances from student groups.

Spectrum

Spectrum Dance
Saturday, November 18th, 10:00 p.m.

It’s Spectrum, motherfuckers. And you know what that means: it’s time to get non-binary up in this bitch!

Except for me, because I am completely 100% straight—nope, I never think about any penises but my own, although I do think about that penis often. In fact, sometimes I think it’s the only thing I think about. Must just be a straight guy thing.

In any case, come thru Falstaff’s and blur some lines!

Advertisements